I am excited to add our newest volleyball coach this month (1/18/13) USC Men’s Head Volleyball Coach – Bill Ferguson. I have been friends with Bill for a number of years now, back to when I ran my own club of 8 teams and his volleyball coaching accomplishments are nothing short of incredible!
For information of USC Volleyball
For information on SCVC (Southern California Volleyball Club) – Click Here
For Volleyball Camps by Bill Ferguson
USC Men’s Program
- 2012 NCAA Coach of the Year, Additionally in 2012 USC Trojans Men’s Volleyball Program finished 2nd in the NCAA Championships
- In 2011, Bill was named MPSF Coach of the Year as his fifth USC team went 23-4 (USC’s most wins since 1999) and advanced to the NCAA Final Four for the second time in three years, where it fell in the semifinals.
- He also coached the Southern California Volleyball Club 17 boys team to a gold medal at the 2011 Junior Olympics while simultaneously coaching the USC men’s team.
- In 2009 in just his third year at USC, he was named the AVCA and VBall Magazine National Coach of the Year.
SCVC – Southern California Volleyball Club Coaching Accomplishments
- USA Volleyball National Champion, 1992, ’93, ’94, ’95 ’96, ’97, ’99 x 2, 2001 x 2, ’03, ’04;
- 31 USA Volleyball medals in 15 years as a coach and administrator;
- 8 Olympians, 13 USA Volleyball Gold Medals, 27 USA Volleyball Medals, 12 USA Volleyball Most Valuable Player Selections, 80 USA Volleyball All Tournament Selections, 11 Tachikara / AVCA All American Selections, 1 Tachikara / AVCA National Player of the Year Selection, 2 Asics / Volleyball Magazine Player of the Year Selections, 18 Asics / Volleyball Magazine All American Selections, 2 Asics / Volleyball Magazine Freshman of the Year Selections,
- 27 Players Participating in NCAA Final Fours, 22 Players who have won NCAA National Championships, 1 AVP Open Winner.
What makes this new series of videos special is Bill gave us an all day access pass to him coaching a morning Men’s USC practice followed by an evening SCVC Juniors practice. On top of this we spent several hours in his office and on the USC campus talking about the program, facilities, his coaching philosophy and more!
The content we shot is phenomenal and not just for the amount – 65 videos and almost 5 hours of recorded quality footage. In addition Bill and his incredible staff including Jeff Nygaard, Cam Green and John Xie are open to sharing their incredible knowledge with us and you here on Volleyball1on1.com
The content and footage highlight so many great things for coaches and players to learn. Including;
- For players wondering what it is like to play for a top Division 1 NCAA Men’s Program you have an all access pass, nothing is left out!
- You will see start to finish how a top D1 Program runs practice
- Coaches you will learn new drills and exercises to help your team succeeded.
- You will get close and personal with Bill where he breaks down each part of the practice and what he was hoping to accomplish by doing it. On top of this Bill will share imitate details of his mentors, secrets to his success and more.
- You will get to watch the most successful boys club program in the country, and the most successful boys club program run practice.
Bill Ferguson Videos and Drills – Over 10 Hours of Content in 120 Videos
Part 1 – USC Practice, Conversations from the Office, Tour of the Facilities.
Bill Ferguson STD Drill (4 Videos)
Bill Ferguson Italy Drill (5Videos)
Bill Ferguson USC Program and Facilities (3 Videos)
Part 2 – SCVC Practice
Bill Ferguson SCVC Over the Net Pepper Drill (2 Videos)
Bill Ferguson SCVC Little Italy Drill (2 Videos)
Part 3 – 2014 USC Men’s Volleyball Practice, Post Practice Lifting and Video Q & A on Practice and More:
Instructional Coaching Videos:
– Bill Ferguson – In War Room – Tell the Truth Monday
– Bill Ferguson -DROM Volleyball Warm Up, 2014 Practice
– Brent Mentz – Body Blade Shoulder Warm Up, 9 Taps and Reach and Soft Press for Spinal Stability
– Bill Ferguson – Volleyball Practice Plan Overview From Practice 3, 2014
– Bill Ferguson – Volleyball Blocking Trips with Hit Off Box from 2014 Practice
– Bill Ferguson – Passing Tutor for Spin Serves
– Bill Ferguson – Passing Tutor for Float Serves
– Bill Ferguson – Serving Drill – Area 1 Target
– Bill Ferguson Adding Music in Practice
– Bill Ferguson and USC Volleyball Mid Practice Overview and Assessment
– Bill Ferguson – Breakout Sessions – Setting Breakout and Understanding Breakout Sessions for Max Skill Building Results
– Bill Ferguson – Breakout Sessions – Middle Transition Setting and Defense (Both Sides)
– Bill Ferguson – Breakout Sessions – Passing Rapid Fire Spin and Float Serve – Goal Eliminate Lean, More Stepping
– Bill Ferguson – Breakout Sessions – Middle Hitter Starting Position, With and Without Passer (3 Videos)
– Cam Green – Rapid Fire Volleyball Correction Drill
– Pat Powers – Battle Star – 3 Man Block Volleyball Transition Drill
– Bill Ferguson – Volleyball 6 on 6 Breakpoint Drill
– Bill Ferguson – End of Practice Team Meeting
– Bill Ferguson – End of Practice Review Video
– Bill Ferguson – USC Volleyball Post Practice Lifting Session (7 Videos)
– Bill Ferguson – Conversation From Office – Tell The Truth Monday
– Bill Ferguson – Conversation From Office – New Changes to Practice
– Bill Ferguson – Conversation From Office – Blocking Trips
– Bill Ferguson – Conversation From Office – Breakout Sessions
– Bill Ferguson – Conversation From Office – Cam Green Rapid Fire Volleyball Correction Drill
– Bill Ferguson – Conversation From Office – Pat Powers Battle Star 3 Man Block Transition Drill
– Bill Ferguson – Conversation From Office – 6 on 6 Break Point Drill
– Bill Ferguson – Conversation From Office – Amount of Float Serving
– Bill Ferguson – Conversation From Office – Starting the Play or Rally
– Bill Ferguson – Conversation From Office – USC Coaching Staff
– Bill Ferguson – Conversation From Office – How Do You Connect With Players
– Bill Ferguson – Conversation From Office – How Have You Grown as a Coach
– Bill Ferguson – Conversation From Office – Pete Carroll Influence on Bill As a Coach
– Bill Ferguson – Conversation From Office – Advice for Coaches
Also Bonus Video: AVCA Video Tip of Week – 20 Minute video on new Ways to Run the Gap Set:
Free Example Videos:
Bill Ferguson – Setters Setting Drill in USC Practice
Conversations from the Office – Discussing the Setting Drill
Bill Coaching SCVC Practice –