Seth presents a 6 video series on hitting with power. Using a bungee cord these exercises greatly increase arm speed and power when spiking a volleyball on both the beach and indoor.
1. Triceps speed and strength are increased by working both arms to keep the body balanced.
2. The lat muscles are worked by pulling the cord from behind and over the head for extra power in the swing.
3. Working the core muscles makes the strike much more powerful by making the body bend in half thus increasing arm speed.
4. These shoulder exercises do not need a bungee cord or weights. While standing upright stay focused on a full range of motion while rotating the shoulders.
5. This will look funny as the wrist and forearm muscles are strengthened for a whip like snap on the ball.
6. The final product is combining all these movements together in one motion to leave a crater in the sand or floor.
To view all of Seth Burnham’s videos – Click Here!
Seth Burnham Volleyball Hitting With Power Video 1