Seth talks about blocking on the beach. This series of 6 instructional videos applies the basics of volleyball blocking for both beach and indoor.
1. Start in a low crouch and explode up. Using a medicine ball helps with extending over the net.
2. Penetration means sealing off the other side of the net and getting the block as shown in this video.
3. Blocking a shot requires a different motion by taking up more space and jumping later.
4. Four different calls including a hide and seek block are talked about and how to use them effectively.
5. Pulling off the net is shown with correct footwork and hand position.
6. Jousting is rarely used yet needed to win a tight set. Key points are to be on the side of the ball and the last to push.
To view all of Seth Burnham’s videos – Click Here!
Seth Burnham Beach Volleyball Blocking Video 1