Setting for a big man on the beach is necessary since very few serves go to the biggest player. In this 6 video series Seth demonstrates how big men can become more effective beach volleyball setters.
1. Use this drill to work on timing to release after the pass and facing the target.
2. A second drill focuses on getting to the ball quickly then stopped with a good crouch.
3. Three main differences are discussed between indoor and beach setting.
4. Placement of the set depends on where the pass is. Three examples are shown.
5. Setters have to cover the hitter in the correct spot.
6. Be flexible and put the ball to the hitters favorite location.
To view all of Seth Burnham’s videos – Click Here!
Seth Burnham Beach Volleyball Setting Video 1