This post contains an elite level full youth club volleyball practice plan with Chris Austin, 2 Time NCAA Champion at UCI and coach to undersized boys team ranked as one of the top 10 teams in the country. This post contains links to all 33 videos with Chris Austin from full volleyball practice.
Why is this elite level youth practice plan?
– This practice contains some of the best drills / videos / verbal coaching cues we have ever seen to help work with young setters before practice or during warm ups to develop, correct hand setting technique, footwork technique, rhythm, timing, decision making, dumping and more. These videos will change the way you run practice and make developing your setter, the most important person on the court a priority. Also these videos will help coaches who have little experience coaching setters develop their own skills so that they can do it with confidence.
– This practice plan will help coaches see how to run and organize a practice efficiently and correctly. The sequence, timing and choice of drills that Chris uses is exceptional and Andor and Chris spend allot of time explaining each drill, the reason for the drill and why it is in practice when it is.
– Verbal coaching cues Chris uses are some of the best we have ever seen. This is not surprising as Chris won championships under John Speraw and David Kniffin while at UCI winning championships.
– Chris uses a jog, core, dynamic drill that should be viewed. If you are not using these concepts during your warm up you may be risking injury in your players and are not taking advantage of the latest in science to warm up correctly for volleyball.
– Adding visualization exercise into practice that works for youth players.
– Chris good skill building warm up drills that we have not seen and bring in new concepts when coaching youth players, particularly about maintaining good form during this phase of the practice.
– Chris discusses new important ideas and technique for warming up the shoulder. Also Chris connects shoulder warm up with defense to help players work on more than one skill during shoulder warm up.
– Chris offers new ways to run hitting lines t make it more game-like as well as work on transition offense and players footwork.
– Chris introduces new concepts to serving that are compelling and may your serving strategy and team training.
– Chris shares not only good drills, but also technique and verbal cues for teaching youth players how to joust and tool the block successfully.
– Watching these videos with Chris coaches will also see a good role model on how to maintain a authoritative coaching demeanor while still creating a fun environment for learning and getting great results.
– Coaches will see how to progress a practice so that specific skill building drills are incorporated into a 6 on 6 game like environment to see real results.
– Plus much more…
“Having filmed some of the best coaches and players in the world Chris Austin is at an elite level like I have never seen for a coach of his age. I think the combination of playing at the highest level in college (Winning 2 NCAA Championships) while coaching a youth team seriously (Chris has coached this team for 4 years – Over 10,000 hours) has combined to create PURE EXCELLENCE!” – Andor Gyulai (Owner Volleyball1on1.com)
Elite Level – Full Youth / High School Level / Club Volleyball Practice Plan with Chris Austin
Chris Austin – Early Practice Setter Training Drills, Tips and Techniques Intro Video
Chris Austin – Volleyball Setter Drill for Hand Position and Technique
Chris Austin – Volleyball Setter Drill for Footwork Patterns and Technique
Chris Austin – Why Break Apart Teaching Setting into Hands and Footwork
Chris Austin – Volleyball Setting Multi-Ball Stationary Drill, Plus Setting Drills Explained
Chris Austin – Volleyball Setting Drill like Serve Receive from 1, 3 and 4 with Jump Set
Chris Austin – Volleyball Setting Drill, 2 Balls – In System, Out System, Area 4 Start
Chris Austin – Setting Drill for Decision Making – 2 Balls, Choice – Set or Dump, Area 4 Start
Volleyball Practice Introduction to Team with Chris Austin
Early Practice Volleyball Visualization Exercises with Chris Austin and Team
Volleyball Warm Up Exercises and Drills – Jog, Core, Dynamics with Chris Austin
Team Volleyball Blocking Trips with Chris Austin
Controlled Volleyball Setting Warm Up Drill with Chris Austin
Los Angeles Velodrome – Location of Our Shoot with Chris Austin
5 by 5 Ball Control and Armswing Warm Up Drill with Chris Austin
5 Rep Standing Float Serve Drill, Verbal Cues and Purpose with Chris Austin
Understanding Practice Planning Based Upon Goals and Time – Chris Austin
Chris Austin Take Advantage Of Over Pass Drill – Hit Around, Swipe, Tool
Joust or Tool the Blocker Offensive Hitting Drill with Chris Austin (3 Videos)
– Joust or Tool the Blocker Offensive Hitting Drill with Chris Austin – Part 1
– Joust or Tool the Blocker Offensive Hitting Drill with Chris Austin – Part 2
– Joust or Tool the Blocker Offensive Hitting Drill with Chris Austin – Explained
5 Rep Jump Float Serve Drill, Verbal Cues and Purpose with Chris Austin
Hitting Lines Drills – 2 Balls, One Fast, then another Slower With Transition Footwork – Chris Austin (6 Videos)
– Chris Austin mid Practice In Front Of the Board Explaining the Next Drill and the Goal of the Drill
– Hitting Lines – 2 Balls, One Fast, then Another slower with Transition Footwork – Part 1
– Hitting Lines – 2 Balls, One Fast, then Another slower with Transition Footwork – Part 2
– Hitting Lines – 2 Balls, One Fast, then Another slower with Transition Footwork – Part 3
– Hitting Lines – 2 Balls, One Fast, then Another slower with Transition Footwork – Part 4
– Hitting Lines – 2 Balls, One Fast, then Another slower with Transition Footwork – Part 5
Chris Austin on Volleyball Coaching Verbal Cues for Routes, Rhythm and Timing
5 Rep Jump Serve Drill, Verbal Cues and Purpose with Chris Austin
Review of Practice Thus Far and the Goals for the Rest of the Training – Chris Austin
6 on 6 Game Play, Building On What Was Practiced but in a Game-Like Situation – Chris Austin
Final Portion of Practice Reviewed and the Goals with Chris Austin
Click the Links above to see all of Chris Austin’s incredible videos.