In this series of videos Stein Metzger coaches beach volleyball spiking technique. This is a great instructional series for all players looking to hit better when playing sand volleyball.
1. The starting position on the beach is different from indoor. Indoor starts out wide then moves toward the center of the court. The beach already starts near the center.
2. This shows the three step and four step approach. With either the jump is straight up and down where indoor jumps forward.
3. This video illustrates the best techniques from some of the best hitters Stein has faced.
4. Look for the open court. With only two players on the court there is less focus on hitting straight down and more on hitting to the open area.
5. Listen for the call from the setter to know where to hit the ball.
6. Use your emotions after a big hit. Get the crowd into it, motivate your partner and take the wind out of the opponents sails.
To view all of Stein Metzger’s videos – Click Here!
Stein Metzger Beach Volleyball Hitting Video 1