In this video series Stein Metzger teaches beach volleyball passing technique. This video show a number of important tips and secrets with regard to how to pass a beach volleyball.
1. Preparing means mentally as well as physically on the court. Envision the next play. Where the ball will go. What your partner will do next.
2. The sand crab involves shuffling the feet to get to the ball. It allows more control and avoids tripping over yourself.
3. A player must fight to get the hips around and behind the ball. Receive the ball in the midline of the body, facing the target.
4. Balance is very important. When the weight is too far back the player will reach for the ball. Too far forward is just as problematic. Always stay balanced.
5. Don’ts. These are the list of things not to do.
6. After the pass is made think of the next move. Never stand still watching the pass.
To view all of Stein Metzger’s videos – Click Here!
Stein Metzger Beach Volleyball Passing Video 1