This Volleyball Defense Drill is for defensive players and teaching them to stay in zone 6 during a play. Athletes should focus on staying disciplined and reacting quickly. Defensive players have the ability to see the play develop while using other techniques learned on this site! Logan Toms videos on playing defense in this position are some of the best we have ever seen teaching how to “Read the Game”. Dan Fisher also has a great read the game practice that also features read the game drills.
Skill Level: This drill is used for beginner to advanced skill level.
For more defensive drills check out our site here!
# Players: This drill is designed for 1-6 players.
Volleyball Drills Objectives:
- Defensive players will learn how to stay disciplined in their zone.
- This helps read the hitter’s shoulder and where the ball will be hit.
- Teach your defender to get stopped when playing the ball.
- Use quick-feet techniques for your defender to get to their next position.
Defense Volleyball Drill Variations:
- If only one coach, have the defender dig line and cross court.
- Make a zone for the defender to dig to.
- Defender can dig to themselves then set to a Hitter.
- Roll or tip occasionally for the defender to play different scenarios.
For additional drills go to our volleyball drills page.
The full video of the drill is available below to paid members!