This Volleyball Defense Drill is for Defensive Specialists to get a concentrated amount of digging reps. Each player learns how to read the hitter and be aggressive while having a defense goal to complete!
Skill Level: This drill is used for beginner to intermediate skill levels.
For the rest of our defense drills check us out here!
# Players: This drill is designed for 3-12 players.
Defensive Specialist Volleyball Drills Objectives:
- Defenders have to dig a set amount of balls to the target zone.
- The defender learns how to read the arm swing of the coach on the box.
- This helps with digging and reading of a hitter.
- This drill will improve your defensive specialist’s discipline on the court.
Defensive Specialist Volleyball Drill Variations:
- Increase the amount of digs a player must get before exiting the drill.
- Have teammates hitting to receive hitting reps.
- Decrease the amount of defenders to have a higher court coverage area.
- Put stationary blockers on the digging side of the net to simulate a game environment.
For additional drills go to our volleyball drills page.
The full video of the drill is available below to paid members! Click the right corner to see the video in full screen.