Purpose: This volleyball drill is for outside hitters to learn how to see the block on approach and be able to cover themselves when hitting into the block then preparing to attack again.
Skill Level: This volleyball drill can be used for intermediate to advanced skill level.
For more volleyball spiking drills check them out here!
# Players: This drill is designed for 3 players with the primary focus on the outside hitter.
Volleyball Drills Objective:
- Teach your outside hitter to see the block upon approach.
- This drill helps your setter set a more consistent ball for the hitter.
- Outside hitters will receive conditioning as part of the drill.
- The outside hitter learns body control in their attack and quickly having to play the ball.
Hitter Volleyball Drill Variations:
- Include more players covering the hitter.
- Increase the amount of blockers.
- Use a different set on the second attack.
- Have zones for the outside hitter to attack from zone 4.
For additional drills go to our volleyball drills page.
The full video of the drill is available below to paid members!