Welcome to volleyball coaching nightmares. Volleyball Coaching Nightmares is a online show where Andor Gyulai (20 Year coach, Owner Volleyball1on1.com) visit volleyball programs and attempts to turn the program, its coaches and its players around in 1 week. This show visits high school programs, clubs and other volleyball teams and reveals important concepts about coaching volleyball that many coaches miss. The videos can be used by coaches and players of all level to get better at coaching and playing the game of volleyball.
This is day 2 / practice 2 of volleyball coaching nightmares. In this practice Andor Gyulai takes over practice and tries to teach the coach (Kerri Eich) important volleyball coaching concepts that she can use when coaching the team. Also where needed Andor sets a tone of how practice should be run and how the players should behave.
Practice 2 – Uni High School Santa Monica – Volleyball Coaching Nightmares (5 Videos) More are being added!
– Andor Teaching Pre Practice Setters Skill Building Drill Focusing on Hands and Footwork
– Volleyball Practice Plan Explained for Day 2 – Uni High – Volleyball Coaching Nightmares
– Andor Takes Over – Day 2 – Start of Practice, Core Values, Rules and More (Free)
This powerful video is the first video of Andor Gyulai coaching the team on day 2 of practice at Uni high school in Santa Monica. This video features a numbers of extremely valuable takeaways for coaches across all levels including:
*Setting a tone of discipline.
*Helping coaching create a core value system for their program. (Create life long learners, Kaizen!)
*Helping coaching create guiding team principals on behavior, team interaction and more. (Compete in every drill in practice!)
*Helping coaching create a set of rules for practice. (80% Movement when doing non volleyball activities, like toilet, shagging, getting water.)
*Helping coaches create guiding team systems of play. (Example: 4 out of 5 serves)
*Help coaches see how to better communicate with their players. (Watch Andor! The energy raises to the highest energy in the room and watch Andor energy and how the players respond!)
*Help coaches understand how to layout a practice for their team. (Using a white board.)
*Help coaches explain coaching philosophies to their team. (Watch Andor explain and teach.)
*Help coaches ask better questions and use the Socratic method to engage their players.
*Advice on how to run / setup the huddle in practice.
*How to teach the process of effective learning.
This video is unrehearsed, live action. It is impressive how much is covered in just 8 minutes and off the cuff.
– 90 Passes Skill Building Warm Up Drill – Day 2 (2 Videos)
– Modified On the Net Pepper Volleyball Drill with 3 Players – Multi Skill – Day 2 – Uni High (2 Videos)
– 2 Drills – Serving and Passing Drill and Teaching Middles Movement Patterns Drill – Day 2 – Uni High (3 Videos)
– Serving & Passing Drill and Teaching Middles Movement Patterns Drill – Part 2 – Uni High (2 Videos)
– Blocking Trips Drill – Uni High – Coaching Nightmares- Day 2
– Omaha Pressure Serving Volleyball Drill – Uni High – Day 2
– 6 on 6 Exchange Drill on the Net – Focus Ball Control and Controlled Hitting
– Review Mid Way Through Practice – Discuss Speed of Change and Improvement of Team at Uni High
– Omaha Drill Again as Well as Review for Missing the Serves
– 6 on 6 Game: Wash Drill – Serve, Bounce Ball, Free Ball and Serve
– End of Volleyball Practice Two Review with Team in Huddle at Uni High
– End of Volleyball Practice 2 Summary and Review with Kerri and Andor at Uni High School
Future and Past Videos / Practices for Volleyball Coaching Nightmares will include:
Practice 1 / Watch the Current Coach and Critique – This is where we watch the coach (Kerri Eich) and her staff coach the first practice. Click Here to View!
Practice 3 / Match Day – This is where we watch the coach (Kerri Eich) and her staff in a live coaching situation.
Practice 4 – Final Practice – We let Kerri run practice with the goal of watching her do it successfully and offering advice along the way.
Please thank our generous sponsors by liking their Facebook Pages below!