Priscilla presents a six part video series on blocking. Blocking on the beach requires more area is covered at the net while the defender covers the rest of the court.
1. The fake out is an advanced technique that is easy to execute by taking a step back from the hitter then going up to block at the last moment.
2. On the beach the entire net can be covered by using the outside hand to take the line then drop the inside hand into the cross court to take away the angle.
3. The line is taken away by lining up in front of the hitter and keeping the outside hand on the outside of the hitter.
4. Taking the angle requires cunning by moving the arms into the cross court do taking a shuffle step to the inside before jumping.
5. The pokey requires waiting longer then jumping up and throwing the ball back down.
6. Mentally believe and visualize being a great blocker and holler Shoopa! with every block.
To view all of Priscilla Lima’s videos – Click Here!
Priscilla Lima Beach Volleyball Blocking Video 1