Jeff shares his insight on middle hitting. This series demonstrates how to be deceptive and beat the blocker to the punch when spiking out the middle.
1. The gap is always placed between area two and area three. Make the approach from the middle position with correct form to maximize power and range to all angles of the court.
2. The 3 is always placed the same distance from the setter. The middle will have to move more across the court to be near the setter.
3. The slide is another relational hit depending where the setter is. The hitter jumps at an angle to slide past the blocker for the open hit.
4. The push is similar to the slide and is good for getting out of trouble.
5. The back slide is an advanced hit and should be done after learning other hits first. The set goes behind the setter, past the back one, and hit left to right.
6. Audibles are good to get out of trouble.
To view all of Jeff Nygaard’s videos – Click Here!
Jeff Nygaard Volleyball Middle Hitting Video 1