Jeff presents a series of videos on middle blocking. This set starts with the correct eye sequence, goes through the best form and technique and finishes with advanced reads of the opponents offense.
1. Instruction begins with the correct eye sequence starting from the pass to the block.
2. The starting position and stance must be correct to cover any part of the court quickly and efficiently.
3. Read blocking means relying on help from the outside blockers to take a large part of the net.
4. Commit block is a one on one situation that focuses on only the middle. This frees up the outside blockers from having to help.
5. Moving from the middle to the outside means no wasted movement. Use correct technique when helping the outside blocker.
6. The middle sets the block on every play. Several options are to take away the pipe, the bic and all other middle sets run by the opponent.
To view all of Jeff Nygaard’s videos – Click Here!
Jeff Nygaard Volleyball Middle Blocking Video 1