There are roughly 640 muscles in the human body. Athletes spend an inordinate amount of time training and strengthening almost every single one of them.
Yet there are six that are often forgotten: the Superior Oblique, Superior Rectus, Medial Rectus, Lateral Rectus, Inferior Rectus, and Inferior Oblique.
Or, simply put: Your eyes.
The aforementioned six muscles are the sextuplet that comprise your eyes, which are undoubtedly the most important – and often most ignored – muscles for an athlete. The vast majority of players train their eyes simply by playing, doing little else to strengthen the muscles that will predetermine every play and every action as all volleyball skills are visually guided task.
Just as athletes perform hundreds of repetitions squatting and pressing and dead-lifting, we at Volleyball1on1 believe that you must also be strengthening your eyes. And we know the best techniques and have the best resources to do so.
Our off the court training will improve visual muscle acuity on the court, including speed, endurance, strength and focus.
Additional benefits beyond speed, endurance, strength and focus include:
- Improved ability to correctly OBSERVE objects
- Improved ability to correctly ORIENTATE object
- Improved ability to correctly DECIDE once you observe and orientate
- Improved ability to correctly ACT once you observe, orientate and decide
- Essentially players improve their ability to quickly go through the OODA Loop which will result in improved “Reading” and a “Slowing” of the ball and game effect (Read more on this topic here!)
- Improved peripheral vision – side to side
- Improved peripheral vision – up and down
- Greater ability to use the eyes while moving or performing tasks. This is critical as most volleyball skills are performed while moving which is more difficult visually
- Improvement in the ability to use the eyes for a fine-centered task for longer periods of time.
- Enhanced ability to “center” their focus and thus manage pressure on the court.
- Greater ability to reach the athletic “zone” which is a visually guided task.
If you are a coach or player looking to improve your performance on the court, improving your vision or your teams vision may be the most effective step in doing just that.
We are excited to announce the launch of our Peak Performance OODA Loop Vision Training Posters.
These 27″ x 39″ posters are ideal for helping athletes in all sports including volleyball improve their ability to process visual information and thereby speed up their ability to navigate the OODA Loop. Athletes who can more effectively move through the OODA Loop while playing sports will experience improved ability to “read the game,” “slow down the ball,” “slow down the game,” and “deal with stress,” while playing sports, including volleyball.
The visual training exercise using the posters involve athletes perform many complex tasks, including tracking moving objects, scanning for objects, and maintaining a stable image on the retina while performing different stages of the OODA Loop.
The training exercises are broken down into 5 levels as players learn to more effectively move through the OODA Loop.
Level 1 – Involves players “Observing” and “Orientating” information on one or more posters while being static, meaning not moving. (See Training Videos)
Level 2 – Involves players “Observing” and “Orientating” information on one or more posters while being in motion, meaning moving. (See Training Videos)
Level 3 – Involves players “Observing,” “Orientating,” “Deciding” and “Acting” information on one or more posters. Athletes move through all 4 stages of the OODA Loop and need to form “Decisions” and take “Actions” based upon what they “Observed” and the meaning or how they “Orientated” what they observed. (See Training Videos)
Level 4 – Builds on Level 3 meaning players do all 4 stages in level 3 but now also have to track a ball or object that is tossed to them while performing the exercises in Level 3. (See Training Videos)
Level 5 – Build on Level 3 and 4 and includes all parts of 3 and 4, however now players need to also avoid distractions that can include visual, mental, verbal, and other distractions. (See Training Videos)
Posters are available for purchase on Volleyball1on1 at the link below and this offer includes:
- 3 – 27 by 39 Inch OODA Loop Vision Training Posters (Valued at $150.00)
- 1 – 30 minute call with Andor Gyulai to review questions and training on the OODA Loop (Valued at $150.00)
- 6-months of Volleyball1on1 Membership (Valued at $149.97)
Volleyball1on1 will be offering 8 Large Complimentary OODA Loop Volleyball Vision Training Posters at all High School and Club Camps we run this year. These posters are perfect for training in the gym or weight room. We also will be offering 2 mini posters to all summer camp attendees for use and training at home.
Schedule a call with me, Founder of Volleyball1on1.com – Andor Gyulai.
In this quick 15-minute call you will review with Volleyball1on1.com Founder, Andor Gyulai – your 2018 high school or club coaching goals and learn if a Volleyball1on1 Summer Camp can help you achieve the goals you desire. There is no obligation to work with us and those who schedule a call will receive two 27″ by 39″ OODA Loop Volleyball Vision training posters which includes free shipping, valued at $127.95. This offer is limited to high school head coaches and club directors. Go here now to get more information. (Limited Time Offer Ends 11/15/17)