Level 4 – Involves players “Observing,” “Orientating,” “Deciding,” and making an “Action” based upon information on one or more posters while watching and interacting with a separate moving object in constant motion. The purpose of level 4 exercises are to help:
- Track a moving object,
- While scanning between 1, 2 or more posters,
- While performing all 4 stages of the OODA Loop,
- While switching the “Visual field” horizontally, vertically or both,
- While “Maintaining a stable image on the retina”
- While switching “Soft” to “Fine” focus,
- And only focusing visually on the task at hand.
Most Importantly, players learn not to focus on the ball when playing volleyball but rather look for outside stimuli from which to get meaning and react.
(Same as level 3 but not include a ball / object that is interacted with while performing the task)
- Track the arrow on the outer circle, see the color it is located on and then find the inner circle with the same color. Then perform an action in the direction of the inner circle.
- Track the checked design on the outer circle, see the color it is located on and then find the inner circle with the same color. Then perform an action in the direction of the inner circle.
- Find direction of the outer circle arrows, then perform an action based upon the direction.
- Find shaded color in the outer triangle (Purple, green or orange) and then move or react based upon the shaded color.
- Find shaded an Icon Male Sign, Female Sign, Check Mark, Moon, Bull’s-eye, Diamond, Spade, Club or Heart. (There are 18 of each icon and there are 9 different icons) and based upon which outer triangle the Icon is in then move or react based upon the shaded color.
- Move in the direction of the black moon shape between the outer circle and the inner purple, green and orange triangle.
- Move in the direction of the white dot in the inner circle.
- Perform the volleyball action: dig, set, spike, serve, block or pass in the inner set of triangles.
Example Exercise Videos:
Exercise 9: 2 Poster – Scanning and Maintaining a Stable Image on the Retina while watching a Moving Object and being Motion in Full OODA Loop