Marcin presents a six video series of drills / exercises for agility and jumping. Every drill should be done as fast as possible due to the explosive movements required in volleyball.
NCAA Champion UCLA, Pro Indoor Europe, representative for the Polish National Team Indoor and for the United States Beach. Expert at Volleyball Lifting and Personal Training.
Being a former hitter indoors Marcin demonstrates how to play effective volleyball defense with proper body position and footwork.
Upper back injuries are very common due to the number of overhead movements in volleyball. Marcin walks through several strength and conditioning exercises to keep players upper back healthy when playing volleyball.
Knee issues are caused by over use or muscular imbalance, particularly in the quads for volleyball players. Marcin demonstrates two exercises he learned as a certified trainer to correct this.
Shoulder rehab and strengthening is vital to volleyball players in order to spike harder. Marcin talks about four different exercises to keep the shoulder injury free.
Many injuries occur in the lower back when playing and training for volleyball. Marcin shows three exercises using only your body weight to keep the back healthy so your stay on the court longer.
Rolling out improves players mechanics and revolutionizes how the body functions. Marcin demonstrates how to foam roll more effectively on your lower body.
Rolling out the upper body is just as important as the lower body. Marcin demonstrates how to foam roll out effectively for volleyball.
Marcin talks about the importance of stretching after playing or working out. Included are two different volleyball stretches to stay loose.
To view all of Marcin Jagoda’s videos – Click Here!
Marcin talks about firing up fast twitch muscles during practice and a tournament. Three exercises are presented and demonstrated to help you perform better on the volleyball court.
Marcin talks about proper nutrition for volleyball practice and tournaments. The days of eating pizza before playing are done.
Supplements give quicker recovery from playing and working out. Marcin talks about two nutritional supplements that work very well for recovery and strength building.
Core training and exercise is critical for optimal performance and health. A good core workout improves spiking and passing to defense and blocking. Marcin walks through a series of videos to strengthen the core.
1. Front plank is essential for core strength. Keep it simple with elbows beneath the chest and hold that position.
Shoulder health and preventing rotator cuff injuries applies to all volleyball players. In this series of videos Marcin talks about exercises to keep the shoulder healthy.
1. Thumb down cross body pull effectively helps to slow down the arm after spiking the ball.
2. Horizontal cable cross-over’s start by pulling the cable out to 90 degrees with the hips solid for a stable base.
3. Reverse “Y” begins with the thumb facing up and pulling up in a “Y” motion on the cable.
4. To do single sided bicycles place the feet shoulder width apart with the back on the floor. Put one hand behind the head and touch the shoulder to the opposite knee.
5. Resistance band shoulder flexion is done with high intensity and very fast reps.
6. Lat pulls requires a steady pace for the largest muscles in the back.
Marcin demonstrates a video series on how to warm up dynamically before each volleyball match or practice.
Dynamic warm up before lifting increases a players strength and prevents injuries. Marcin presents a series of videos on excellent warm up exercises for volleyball lifting.