In this video series I review what I think is some bad blocking technique by Ryan “Avatar” Doherty. I love Ryan as a person and all that he does for the sport of beach volleyball. I highly encourage you to pick up his book (Avatar’s Guide to Beach Volleyball: Everything you need to know about the sport from the only professional player that writes) or follow him on social media. His blocking technique, as of 3/23/17 would recommend you avoid.
How I believe he can become better using the Step Close Blocking Technique:
- Jump Even Higher
- Penetrate Even Further
- Be Better at Pulling,
- Better At Moving Into a Spot and Taking the Hard Ball
- Better at Reading the Hitters,
- Better at Closing Out the Hitter’s Approach Angle,
- Have a More Aggressive Mindset,
- Be Better at Moving Along the Net,
- Be Better at Double-moves and Fake Blocks,
- Be Better at Stopping plays,
- Allow for Different Deception when Shaping the Mind of his Opponent.
- May allow your partner on defense to “Read the Game” better.
To see instructional videos on the Step Close Blocking Technique please click the link.