Anthony gives a full insiders look at how to become a top defender on the beach. His easy to understand, step by step instructions include the following.
1. Get into position by not watching the serve, be ready and relaxed.
2. Keep the body in good position and ready to go dig the ball in any direction.
3. Anticipate where the ball is going and use correct footwork on the first step.
4. Cut shots are very difficult. The defender be aware of how close they are to net to prepare for the attack.
5. Communicate with the blocker where the ball is as the play goes into transition.
6. Detonation is the culmination of good defense when the point is scored on the opponent.
To view all of Anthony Medel’s videos – Click Here!
Anthony Medel Beach Volleyball Defense Video 1