This 4 person drill is a great warm up beach volleyball drill or drill that can be inserted into any beach volleyball practice to help improve: setting, pulling, defense, movement and player spacing as a team.
“As a beach player and coach this is by far one of my favorite beach volleyball drills as it helps beach players develop a strong cardiovascular fitness base while practicing crucial volleyball skills. This drill is great for helping players improve in transition on the beach!” – Andor Gyulai – Owner Volleyball1on1.com
Coach and players at every level should consider this drill for practice in our opinion at volleyball1on1. How we have seen it best used post triangle drill to help warm up the players shoulders plus get them moving effectively.
Important points to focus on:
– Footwork on the pull
– Crossover footwork for long distance
– Backpedal for short distance
– Getting into a ready position on defense post pull
– Driving the ball forward on defense
– Driving the ball to a position in the middle of the court where your partner can set it
– Not just digging the ball but actually digging the ball to a place where your partner can set it
– Setter squaring their shoulders to the setting target
– Setter giving a high ball for the defender that goes up and down in as straight a line as possible
– Creating forward spin when bump setting so that it is easier for your partner to attack
– Player spacing “Circle of Trust” – See Stein Metzger Video