This volleyball drill for warm-up is a progression drill that basically utilizes several other volleyball drills and builds on those drills. Following the Brazilian style of coaching this drills encourages a tremendous amount of ball contact in a short period of time.
This drill series is extremely effective at:
- Improving overall defense.
- Improving defense of hard driven balls.
- Improving your defense for shots.
- Improving footwork.
- Quickly and effectively gets the athletes ready to play.
- Players go through a wide range of movements to effectively warm-up all parts of their body.
- It helps players ball control
- It allows the players to get allot of different touches on the ball in a very short period of time
- It helps builds the players cardiovascular endurance
- Helps the players improve their volleyball movement, passing and defense.
This is a drill that can be used throughout the season to get your players ready to compete. More of his volleyball drills hitting on offense are available.
Male Beach Coach – Adriano Ticao
Brazilian certified beach coach now working with top AVP and FIVB players Nicole Branagh, Tati Minello, Priscilla Lima and Pedro Solberg.
Meet The Players:
Jantine Van der Vlist
Roos (Rose) Van der Hoeven
Both are top players on the FIVB tour and have finished as high as 7th.
On knees 10 feet from the baseline, middle of the court. Dig a ball from knees left, then right, get up and move back 5 feet
Hard driven ball left, hard driven ball right, stay in the middle of the court.
Player moves left with a large cross over step. Moves back to the middle. Player moves right with a large cross over step.