This volleyball drill for warm-up is a progression drill that basically utilizes several other volleyball drills and builds on those drills. Following the Brazilian style of coaching this drills encourages a tremendous amount of ball contact in a short period of time.
This drill series is extremely effective at:
- Improving overall defense.
- Improving defense of hard driven balls.
- Improving your defense for shots.
- Improving footwork.
- Quickly and effectively gets the athletes ready to play.
- Players go through a wide range of movements to effectively warm-up all parts of their body.
- It helps players ball control
- It allows the players to get allot of different touches on the ball in a very short period of time
- It helps builds the players cardiovascular endurance
- Helps the players improve their volleyball movement, passing and defense.
This is a drill that can be used throughout the season to get your players ready to compete. More of his volleyball drills hitting on offense are available.
Male Beach Coach – Adriano Ticao
Brazilian certified beach coach now working with top AVP and FIVB players Nicole Branagh, Tati Minello, Priscilla Lima and Pedro Solberg.
Meet The Players:
Jantine Van der Vlist
Roos (Rose) Van der Hoeven
Both are top players on the FIVB tour and have finished as high as 7th.