In beach volleyball, volleyball drills for setting are critical to incorporate into your practice plan for players transitioning from indoor. Why? Obviously due to the specialization of indoor verse beach volleyball players often neglect the important skill of setting which in beach can be detrimental to winning. So this drill is a great drill for players of all levels to improve their setting skills.
In this drill top Brazilian AVP and FIVB Coach Adriano Ticao takes two top FIVB Players from the Netherlands through an early season setting drill to hone setting skill for setting tough serves and transition setting.
- Improves volleyball setting technique.
- Specifically – Footwork
- Specifically – Hip Direction
- Specifically – Pushing towards the target
- Specifically – Pushing the ball all the way outside to the antenna
- This drill improves volleyball setting from tough serves
- This volleyball drill improves volleyball setting in transition
- Can be used a warm-up drill to quickly and effectively gets the athletes ready to play.
- This drill helps your players go through a wide range of movements to effectively warm-up all parts of their body.
- This drill helps players improve ball control
- It allows the players to get allot of different touches on the ball in a very short period of time
- It helps builds the players cardiovascular endurance
- Helps the players improve their overall volleyball movement, passing and defense.
In this drill series, Coach Ticao trains to professional beach players who currently compete on the FIVB tour for the Netherlands.
This is a drill that can be used throughout the season to get your players ready to compete!
Male Beach Coach – Adriano Ticao
Brazilian certified beach coach now working with top AVP and FIVB players Nicole Branagh, Tati Minello, Priscilla Lima and Pedro Solberg along with many high school teams.
Meet The Players:
Jantine Van der Vlist
Roos (Rose) Van der Hoeven
Both are top players on the FIVB tour and have finished as high as 7th.
In a hurry to see them in the full practice, go here!
Players switch spots
Coach switches spots and hits from the other side.
Players switch spots with the coach hitting from the other side