Steve presents a full video series of playing defense on the beach for beginners. This series goes through the process for players and coaches to efficiently build skills and confidence quickly.
1. Defense starts with the player covering their half of the court and determining how many shots they can systematically cover.
2. Footwork starts by standing at the net then moving away from it to find the starting position then applying it.
3. This drill demonstrates how to get to the cut shot and line shot with proper footwork as the line shot requires covering more court.
4. High repetition requires making a decision as the drill progresses making it more challenging.
5. Coaches call out verbal cues in a game situation with a hitter, blocker and defender.
To view all of Steve Anderson’s videos – Click Here!
Steve Anderson Beach Volleyball Defense for Beginners Video 1