Being able to effectively pull of the net requires correct technique and being in a ready position to defend the court. Matt shows examples in this six video series for pulling from beach blocking position.
1. Footwork when pulling down the line involves covering a large amount of sand and landing in a balanced position.
2. For pulling into the angle make sure to cover the deep angle first then cover the sharp angle.
3. Keep your eye on the ball and especially by looking over the net to judge all the angles available to the hitter.
4. Hand position is best when the hands are up high but body down low.
5. Once the blocker is off the net the open part of the court must be covered.
6. After the dig is made there are two things that must be done to put the ball away and score a point.
To view all of Matt Fuerbringer’s videos – Click Here!
Matt Fuerbringer Beach Volleyball Pulling Video 1