Matt shows effective strategies for blocking the line in beach volleyball. This series includes 6 videos and 6 different ways to block the line shot.
1. The basics involve affronting the hitters shoulder and pressing over the net taking away the line and seam.
2. Being tooled is the worst that can happen to a blocker. It is avoided by pressing the outside hand to the line.
3. The dive means showing the line to the hitter then taking it away with the hips balanced.
4. An advanced block is stepping into the angle then fake out the hitter by diving into the line. This is different from the previous dive move.
5. When the hitter shows they are hitting a shot, it can be blocked by waiting the correct amount of time and the right number of steps back before jumping.
6. Digs can be done against pokeys by using the momentum of landing and reaching for anything within one body length.
To view all of Matt Fuerbringer’s videos – Click Here!
Matt Fuerbringer Beach Volleyball Blocking Line Video 1