Blocking the angle requires lining up differently and using more strategy with riskier moves. In this series of 6 videos Matt demonstrates and explains different ways to block angle or cross court.
1. The basics are to start a little inside of the hitter and jumping straight up to take away more of the court and leaving the line open.
2. The sharp angle can be taken away by pressing the inside hand into the angle cutting off that part of the court.
3. Diving into the angle is a more advanced and risky move that requires a strong core and balance in the air.
4. Changing the starting point of the dive is more deceptive by taking a step to the line then jumping into the angle.
5. Blocking a high looping shot into the angle is done by taking the correct number of steps into the angle then throwing the ball down.
6. Angle shots can also be dug by using momentum already going into the angle and digging the ball that is hit over the blockers head.
To view all of Matt Fuerbringer’s videos – Click Here!
Matt Fuerbringer Beach Volleyball Blocking Angle Video 1