Matt presents a 6 video series on blocking blocking. Having earned a reputation as one of the best blockers in the world, these six videos teach players important concepts on blocking that will forever improve your game.
1. Straight down is priority number one by being aggressive and controlling the ball.
2. The eyes are important for reading the pass, the set and the hitters approach.
3. Affront means positioning correctly in front of the hitter. Line up in front of the hitter’s shoulder keeping in mind the direction of the wind.
4. Staying balanced while preparing to block.
5. Start with the hands close to the body then press over the net while reaching for the ball.
6. Communicate with hand signals to the defender which area will be blocked.
To view all of Matt Fuerbringer’s videos – Click Here!
Matt Fuerbringer Beach Volleyball Blocking Video 1