This volleyball drill can be used to improve your outside hitters defense after blocking as well as help them transition from playing defense to getting out and ready to spike a ball in the 4 position.
Skill Level: This drill for volleyball can be used for players of all skill levels.
# Players: This drill is designed for 1-8 players. Variations on the drill to accommodate more players include have a team of 1-6 players on the other side of the net to defend the hitting players attack. Additionally 2-4 players can alternate for the defense/attacking player.
Volleyball Drills Objective:
- Improve your Outside Hitters Transition from Volleyball Blocking / Defense to moving out side the court to spike or hit.
- Helping your players make a good attack either line angle after they transition off the net.
- Teaching your Outside Hitters to see the block as they approach and to see their best shot option.
Outside Hitter Volleyball Drill Variations:
- Run the Drill from Area 2 in addition to area 4.
- Have the blocker block a ball before they pull off the net and play defense.
- Give the hitter targets for hitting.
- Put 1-6 defenders on the other side and score the attackers hit %.
For additional drills go to Volleyball1on1 Volleyball Drills
The full video of the drill is available below to paid members!