This Volleyball Drill is for Setters to increase front and back setting skills while improving footwork. Setters are to focus on making their backset look like a front set. For more Setting drills, check out USC Head Coach Bill Ferguson’s drills here.
Skill Level: This Volleyball Drill is used for Intermediate to Advanced skill level.
# Players: This drill is designed for 3-6 players. Variations of this drill can include on the net setting and distance of backsets behind the setter.
Setter Volleyball Drills Objectives:
- The Setters will improve their front and back sets.
- After each set, the teammates should communicate how well or poor the set was.
- Your teammates also increase communication while talking during the drill.
- Each Setter should focus on quality reps in each station.
Setter Volleyball Drill Variations:
- Rotate the Setters after a certain amount of sets.
- Increase the distance between setters.
- If there are not enough setters, use a passer at the first rotation.
- Have the Setters set and hold their set to see proper form.
For additional drills go to Volleyball1on1 Drills. The full video of the drill is available below to paid members!