Steve presents a series of videos on setting for beginners that is easy to understand with instruction and drills that can be put into action with confidence.
1. The most common question is answered on what is a legal versus illegal set with a demonstration on the differences.
2. Positioning with symmetry, relaxed and ready with these verbal cues set up the player for success.
3. Step into a loaded position with the legs ready to extend up through the ball. The triangle drill reinforces these and many other techniques.
4. Timing and positioning is done with a “one, two… hesitate… one, two drill” that teaches when to release for the set and ends with the finish.
5. Under pressure puts a score on the triangle drill to reinforce game situations and have the player learn to critique themselves.
To view all of Steve Anderson’s videos – Click Here!
Steve Anderson Beach Volleyball Setting for Beginners Video 1