Steve walks through a video series on blocking for beginners on the beach. Height is not always needed and confidence is easily gained with coaching cues and drills that are easy to understand.
1. A blockers mentality is taught in a drill without ball so the blocker understands how active blocking is on the court.
2. Footwork and positioning means moving in front of the ball and loading up with a slight crouch while moving.
3. High repetitions on this drill reinforces penetrating the net and controlling the ball.
4. Another drill uses two balls that work on movement, crouching and recovery with multiple jumps.
5. Progress to a game situation for the blocker to be successful with footwork and pressing over by hitting to the same spot on the net.
To view all of Steve Anderson’s videos – Click Here!
Steve Anderson Beach Volleyball Blocking for Beginners Video 1