Eric shows how dropping off the net means first identifying when to drop into the court after the set is made. In this series it is described how learning this skill helped make him an Olympic gold medalist.
1. Good footwork starts with the inside foot facing parallel to the net and ending with a hop step.
2. Stay balanced through the entire motion of dropping off to always be in a good, ready, defensive position.
3. Watch the hitter to determine what type of shot will be attempted. Always stay facing the hitter to capitalize on easy scoring opportunities.
4. Determine whether to use an overhand or underhand defensive position by how quickly you pull from the net.
5. Protect the face by keeping the hands up especially when dropping a short distance off the net.
6. Included is a simple and great drill to break down pulling off the net and maximizing touches in a short amount of time.
To view all of Eric Fonoimoana’s videos – Click Here!
Eric Fonoimoana Beach Volleyball Blocking Video 1