Eric learned on the beach how to bump set and now presents a series of videos showing how to master this skill. Valuable insight on how to use the bump set properly is explained from the 2000 Olympic gold medalist.
1. Start in the correct stance by getting the platform out early and level to the ground.
2. Keep the feet moving while positioning underneath the ball to account for the wind.
3. Face the target for the best accuracy and make it easy for the hitter to know where the ball is going.
4. Adjust to the hitter and know where they are. For difficult cross court sets the passer should come closer to the setter for an easier play.
5. Call out where the open court is on every single play.
6. The job of the setter continues with covering the hitter in case the hitter is blocked.
7. This drill runs everything in sequence from start to finish.
To view all of Eric Fonoimoana’s videos – Click Here!
Eric Fonoimoana Beach Volleyball Bump Setting Video 1