Ed presents his series of videos on how to be an effective hitter on the beach. These tips and drills work on several techniques to be a multidimensional attacker.
1. Deception is using your thumb to send the ball to different parts of the court.
2. Hitting at the top of the swing is part of Ed’s private lessons to beach players.
3. Indoor meets outdoor with this drill by coming in hard and tipping the ball into a trash can.
4. The thumb down drill puts the ball inside a set of cones, it’s trickier that it looks.
5. A high flatty drill is one of Ed’s favorites from high school to tool the ball off of the blocker.
6. The thumb up drill puts the ball inside a different set of cones. It’s just tricky as the thumb down drill.
To view all of Ed Ratledge’s videos – Click Here!
Ed Ratledge Beach Volleyball Spiking Video 1