Serving on the beach shares many strategies with indoor. Pro player Ed Ratledge presents his series of videos on how to serve effectively on the beach.
1. “Aim little, miss little” is done by aiming for a small spot to increase accuracy and serve percentage.
2. The hubby-wife is up the middle and deep making the pass tough and causing confusion.
3. Serving short puts the ball close to the net forcing the passer out of position causing a bad approach.
4. Height and trajectory makes for a deep tough serve causing the passer to shuffle backwards but at risk of a lollipop serve.
5. The wind is your friend. Learn it and love it to make the ball drop faster for an ace.
6. Choose the player to serve based on their hitting and setting strengths and weaknesses.
To view all of Ed Ratledge’s videos – Click Here!
Ed Ratledge Beach Volleyball Serving Video 1