David Fischer demonstrates how to set a volleyball for beginners. His twelve plus years of coaching girls and boys includes fun drills and cues to learn how to be a great setter.
1. The setting motion is explained and how “moose ears” are used to make it easy.
2. Coaches look for setters who know how to use their feet and make sure to face their target.
3. Vary it up by setting to your hitter’s liking. Tall hitters are different from shorter hitters.
4. This drill focuses on scramble plays and how all players must be able to set the ball.
5. Strategy is a setters best friend when deciding who to set to get the point.
6. Running a combo is a necessity for every setter to become a leader on the team.
To view all of David Fischer’s videos – Click Here!
David Fischer Volleyball Setting for Beginners Video 1