This offensive volleyball drill can be used to help your Outside Hitters focus on discipline, ball control, timing and hitting.
Skill Level: This offensive volleyball drill can be used for intermediate skill level.
# Players: This drill is designed for 3-8 players. A variation of the drill can include defense and offensive covering.
Outside Hitter Volleyball Drills Objective:
- Gain court awareness for your Outside Hitter.
- This prevents Outside Hitters from making haste movements in transition.
- Teach your blockers how to effectively close their seam and set the block in the correct position.
Outside Hitter Volleyball Drills Variations:
- Vary the amount of blockers (1-3).
- Give the Outside Hitter aim for different zones of the court or varying shots (line, seam, cross, cut, etc.).
- Have a set zone for the blockers defend (hard line, cross, etc.)
- Put 1-6 defenders on the other side and score the attackers hit %.
Go here to watch more volleyball drills.