Good volleyball warm-up drills are critical not only to help avoid injury but also to improve skill and get the athletes ready to play. In this volleyball drill series Brazilian Volleyball Coach Adriano Ticao puts his two athletes through a series of drills that accomplish a number of important task!
- Quickly and effectively gets the athletes ready to play.
- Players go through a wide range of movements to effectively warm-up all parts of their body.
- It helps players ball control
- It allows the players to get allot of different touches on the ball in a very short period of time
- It helps builds the players cardiovascular endurance
- Helps the players improve their volleyball movement, passing and defense.
In this passing drills volleyball series, Coach Ticao trains two professional beach players who currently compete on the FIVB tour for the Netherlands.
This is a drill that can be used throughout the season to get your players ready to compete!
Male Beach Coach – Adriano Ticao
Brazilian certified beach coach now working with top AVP and FIVB players Nicole Branagh, Tati Minello, Priscilla Lima and Pedro Solberg. Coaches high school and club teams.
Meet The Players:
Jantine Van der Vlist
Roos (Rose) Van der Hoeven
Both are top players on the FIVB tour and have finished as high as 7th.
Partner tosses the ball to the left of the player, player shuffles left for an easy pass.
Coach hits the ball hard to the players right, player moves right, focusing on getting hips around to dig the ball.
Player passes the ball towards the net, goal is a perfect pass.
Player then moves the opposite side of the court and coach hits the ball cross court.
Coach then moves to the opposite side of the court and repeats the drill by hitting down the line and to the cross court.
Players do 10 each, both sides!
Players have switched, more focus on fundamentals
In this video Andor explains the goal of the drill and what you want to focus on as a player and coach.
In this video Ticao explains the value of this drill.
Players have switched sides.