Good volleyball warm-up drills are critical not only to help avoid injury but also to improve skill and get the athletes ready to play. In this volleyball drill series Brazilian Volleyball Coach Adriano Ticao puts his two athletes through a series of drills that accomplish a number of important task!
- Quickly and effectively gets the athletes ready to play.
- Players go through a wide range of movements to effectively warm-up all parts of their body.
- It helps players ball control
- It allows the players to get allot of different touches on the ball in a very short period of time
- It helps builds the players cardiovascular endurance
- Helps the players improve their volleyball movement, passing and defense.
In this drill series, Coach Ticao trains to professional beach players who currently compete on the FIVB tour for the Netherlands.
Call The Open Court
This and blocking drills for volleyball can be used throughout the season to get your players ready to compete!
Male Beach Coach – Adriano Ticao
Brazilian certified beach coach now working with top AVP and FIVB players Nicole Branagh, Tati Minello, Priscilla Lima and Pedro Solberg. Coaches high school and club teams.
Meet The Players:
Jantine Van der Vlist
Roos (Rose) Van der Hoeven
Both are top players on the FIVB tour and have finished as high as 7th.
Coach tosses the ball to either player, players dig, set, spike….
Players hit / set / pass the ball over to where the coach is. The coach basically moves only after the 2nd contact by the players. This forces the players to call where the coach is moving.
Coach hits the ball back over on 1. Generally to the other player who set.
Repeat the drill 6 times.