Steve presents a series on spiking which is what every beginner wants to learn. In these videos everything is broken down and builds confidence with easy to understand instruction and drills.
1. The arm swing on the beach is unique and slightly different from indoor. Proper technique prevents injury and forms a base to work on.
2. Footwork on the approach is taught in a drill that takes out the thought process and makes for a natural movement.
3. More advanced footwork is continued with another drill teaching how to get to any set with the body always behind the ball.
4. To get out of the sand it requires jumping straight up out of the sand with a timeless old school drill.
5. Game situation is used with the classic triangle drill with coaches calling out cues and making adjustments.
To view all of Steve Anderson’s videos – Click Here!
Steve Anderson Beach Volleyball Spiking for Beginners Video 1