This video contains the Long Beach State Women’s Volleyball Warm Up Drill – Regular Version. This is a signature volleyball drill that Brian uses with his players.
The purpose of this volleyball warm up drill is:
- To touch the ball a number of times at different part of the court in different situations
- Teach movement on the court similar to a match but at a slower pace thus teaching correct technique
- Build team rhythm
- Build communication individually as well as a team
Some things you will learn from this 12 minute video include:
Using slow balls first, players learn:
- You will notice both feet are moving, even though it is subtle there is no leaning. Most players play on one foot / leg or the other. This forces the players to be balanced and move in the most efficient manner possible!
- Notice the hips are straight, meaning facing the ball and notice how they move their feet together for slow balls!
- Also notice the arms are straight, out and ready and their legs are bent.
- Notice they are also on both feet and on the whole foot, not on the balls of their feet. This gives them the opportunity to push more effectively and move more effectively!