Lauren presents a six part series on transitioning to the beach from indoor. The most important parts of the game are covered along with strategy.
1. Blocking footwork is demonstrated and discussed due to having to cover more of the court.
2. Pulling down the line is reinforced with this drill by visualizing the hitter while covering deep line, deep middle and the short shot.
3. Pulling angle requires more explosive moves to cover the opposite side of the court.
4. Setting is required by all players on the beach where the setter must give the hitter more time to move through the sand.
5. Passing must be accurate, consistent, slightly higher and further off the net.
6. Secrets of the beach are to eliminate excess movement such as excessively long approaches while keeping the ball in play.
To view all of Lauren Fendrick’s videos – Click Here!
Lauren Fendrick Beach Volleyball Transition Video 1