Lauren presents a video series on blocking. Lauren presents the differences of beach vs indoor, what to do after the block and how blockers can use the wind to their advantage.
1. Use your vision to be in front of the setter with the arms up and jump earlier for full extension over the net.
2. Never, ever, ever, pull off the block before the ball is set. Then pull to the area signaled by the blocker or on tight sets go get it.
3. Fundamentals include establishing a base with the knees bent and outside foot forward to be able to block or pull with explosive moves.
4. After the block and the defender has a dig turn in the direction of the ball and prepare to do a set or an attack.
5. The wind is advantageous to determine when sets will generally be tight or back off the net.
6. Fake blocks are for advanced players that require covering more of the court in these big risk big reward moves.
To view all of Lauren Fendrick’s videos – Click Here!
Lauren Fendrick Beach Volleyball Blocking Video 1