Bryan Gimmillaro success as a volleyball coach is second to few! As such when he speaks and gives volleyball coaching advice I recommend you listen! Now Brian is far more humble in his delivery than I but in my years of shooting video and coaching volleyball his words of advice are truly impressive.
Some of Brian’s Advice:
- Don’t make decisions about your coaching that are about yourself and not the players
- You have to enjoy the development of young people
As for Brian’s Advice as a Male Coaching Females:
- “I don’t know what you think, I’m not about to know what they think and after 35 years, I know I don’t know what they think!”
- “I do listen!”
- “I do have experience! Experience gives me ideas, experience gives me some suggestions.”
- “I can share my experience, I can share what players in the past have done.”
- “For me to understand and think I know what a women is going through is unfair!”
- “Also I do believe and give them reason to believe they can trust me, and I work on that every day!”
This video is just a small piece of the advice Brian gave on coaching women. I shot some additional videos where Brian talks about motivating your players and how to develop players confidence on and off the volleyball court! To see those videos click here!