This Volleyball Drill for setters focuses on footwork, hitter cohesion, in-transition plays and defense. Setters should use this drill to focus on their footwork and how to effectively run their offense. Use this drill with all of our other drills. This drill can be used for beginner to intermediate skill level.
# Players: This drill is designed for 2-8 players. A variation of the drill can include one setter; different play calls, defenders and a block.
Setter Volleyball Drills Objective:
- Improve transitional offense and footwork.
- This will teach your setters how to make quick decisions.
- Increase your hitter/setter teamwork.
- Your setter will be able to run an offense out of transition and defense.
Setter Volleyball Drills Variations:
- Move the coach/tosser to different locations of the court so the setter encounters a reception from different angles.
- Utilize an opposite hitter that needs to improve on their setting.
- Have the setter dictate plays before the drill is started.
- Put 1-6 defenders on the other side.
For additional drills go to Volleyball1on1 Volleyball Drills The full video of the drill is available below to paid members!