Leg Holds are a important dynamic volleyball workout drill that will get you warm and ready for practice. They are easy to do and can be done with athletes of all ages and experience levels.
Like all dynamic warm-ups this drill will:
• Increase heart rate to get the blood pumping through the body and warm up the muscles.
• Open up your joints, especially those within the hips, spine, feet and ankles.
• Actively stretch your muscles to prepare them for what you’ll be asking them for during a volleyball match.
• Reinforce great athletic posture.
• Make sure you are ready to go when that first whistle blows.