This video features a Beach Volleyball Spiking Evaluation / Lesson / Fix offered as part of Volleyball1on1.com Membership. The video features Andor Gyulai (Volleyball1on1.com – Owner) reviewing the beach spiking technique of an adult male player. This is a free service for all new members!
This volleyball video evaluation is extremely valuable and shows many problems we see with beach players as it relates to spiking. This includes:
– Player spacing and how players should create and maintain space between each other so as to make playing the ball easier
– Angle of the approach of the player and how it limits shot selection
– Non-athletic starting position on approach, meaning standing up and thus decreasing speed.
– Approaching slow to fast
– Direction of hips, feet and shoulders on approach and the impact on power and injuries
– How power is generated and adding more force by using the hips and body
– Potential future problems with shoulder injuries
Few important add notes:
– When the wind is coming in the direction that it is in this video I would normally encourage players to approach straighter like Matt is doing however for this video I wanted to highlight creating some space between the players as well as facing the meat of the court.
– I like to teach players to approach from either the middle or the outside position. On a middle straight up set I encourage players to come in straight and set themselves up with different shots. For this example I did not think Matt was doing this and rather he was trying to approach from the outside. This is why I explained that he should create more space and not come in as straight.
Click the link to see more Volleyball Evaluations / Lessons
If you are a player or coach look for help evaluating either your volleyball skills / technique or your coaching purchase any membership and let us help you with a free volleyball evaluation / online lesson.
Andor Gyulai VolleyballBeachBeach Volleyball CoachingBeach Volleyball VideosFree Volleyball VideosInstructorsLessonsVolleyballVolleyball GeneralVolleyball Videos