Explosive speed and strength is a winning combination. Alicia has an entire series of beach volleyball drills to get to the ball quicker.Details
Alicia presents her six videos of digging on the beach. Here are highlights of what is included to become a better defender.
1. A drill working on the fundamentals of a solid platform and using it to cut the ball off.
2. How to dig a high line shot over the block.
Pros learn how to use proper nutrition during tournaments to perform at their best. Anthony tells what he uses to be at the top of his game.Details
Setting is a skill that needs to be practiced every time a player is on the court. Anthony runs an example of the beach volleyball triangle drill while working on setting.Details
Jump serving is the best weapon to score fast points. Anthony walks through step by step on how to become one of the best on the beach.
Prepare your take off area and make sure to avoid foot faults by staying far enough behind the end line. Spinning the ball causes it to have more velocity to make it easier to get an ace.
Anthony talks about effective ways to communicate on the beach. His vast knowledge and experience will make players better on the court.
1. When working through an entire play start by deciding who covers the middle of the court on serve receive.
2. Confirm who has the serve by calling out “me, me, me – mine, mine, mine”.
Anthony opens up on his favorite topic, spiking and detonation. Known as a fiery player he shows you how be successful against big blockers.
Make sure to give a clear call who is receiving the serve. Get to the ball by visualizing where the ball will land when it is set.
Anthony gives a full insiders look at how to become a top defender on the beach. His easy to understand, step by step instructions include the following.
1. Get into position by not watching the serve, be ready and relaxed.
2. Keep the body in good position and ready to go dig the ball in any direction.