In this conversation from the office Dan and Andor discuss the Tweener Ball Drill. A tweener ball as Dan defines it is a ball passed or dug 5 to 12 feet off the net. For dan and his coaching staff they feel one of the most important aspects of winning is having his team be able to run the offense in system off a tweener ball.Details
This series of coaching volleyball videos features Dan Fisher sharing his valuable thoughts on coaching. Given his record last year of 38-0, I highly encourage every coach to listen. Andor Gyulai, Volleyball1on1.com owner rates Dan Fisher as one of the top coaches in the country. Every coach that watches this will agree and understand why!Details
This is a great video where Dan shares his thoughts on some of his mentors and the people that have influenced him as a volleyball coach.Details
This is an extremely powerful video and a video every volleyball coach should watch! This video will motivate you as a coach and help you become better quickly. This video also focuses on often the most important aspect of coaching, and this is not drills, not running your practice, rather it is your ability to lead and how to lead your student athletes in a way that is positive and that will forever make them better people in life!Details
Part 2 on how Dan connects, inspires and motivates his student athletes inside and outside the gym. This is an incredible video and I encourage all coaches to watch both parts as I guarantee it will make you a better coach in all aspects.Details
Steve presents a series on spiking which is what every beginner wants to learn. In these videos everything is broken down and builds confidence with easy to understand instruction and drills.
1. The arm swing on the beach is unique and slightly different from indoor. Proper technique prevents injury and forms a base to work on.Details
teve walks beginners step by step through instruction and drills on how to pass like the pros do. Easy to use verbal cues and examples are included to build confidence with game like situations.
1. Footwork progresses from the starting position to moving sideways, backward and forward with efficiency.Details
Steve presents a series of videos on setting for beginners that is easy to understand with instruction and drills that can be put into action with confidence.
1. The most common question is answered on what is a legal versus illegal set with a demonstration on the differences.Details
teve presents a video series on serving specifically for beginners. This vast amount of coaching and drills build confidence by breaking down the mechanics and technique for all players to become effective servers.
1. Begin with the correct way to address the ballDetails
Steve walks through a video series on blocking for beginners on the beach. Height is not always needed and confidence is easily gained with coaching cues and drills that are easy to understand.
1. A blockers mentality is taught in a drill without ball so the blocker understands how active blocking is on the court.Details
Steve describes and demonstrates how to pull from the net when blocking. These videos show the easy and efficient way to properly pull off the net that has players build confidence quickly.
1. Staring position and balance with efficient footwork has players cover a large amount of ground when staying at the net.Details
Steve presents a full video series of playing defense on the beach for beginners. This series goes through the process for players and coaches to efficiently build skills and confidence quickly.
1. Defense starts with the player covering their half of the court and determining how many shots they can systematically cover.Details