As a licensed chiropractor Gary demonstrates several lower back stretches that keep players healthy and playing longer. These stretches are the same ones used by Olympic athletes.
1. By stretching the hamstrings they release easier and allow the body to bend at the waist farther.
2. Due to the great amount of sitting and squatting in volleyball the hip needs to be stretched to relieve back pressure.
3. The quadriceps need to remain limber to help the back.
4. Knee to chest stretches the gluts and keeps the back injury free.
5. A smaller muscle in the gluts can cause aggravation and needs to be kept loose.
6. Keeping the spine flexible keeps players in the game.
To view all of Gary Sato’s videos – Click Here!
Gary Sato Volleyball Lower Back Stretches Video 1